SharePoint Services 3 Search event errors after an SBS 2008 Update Rollup
[Today's post comes to us courtesy of Damian Leibaschoff]
After installing an SBS 2008 Update Rollup (2 or higher) you might see the following event in the application event log happening very 5 to 10 minutes:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
Date: 8/5/2009 10:10:02 AM
Event ID: 2424
Task Category: Gatherer
The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.
Context: Application 'Search', Catalog 'index file on the search server Search'
New content will not be added to the search index and in consequence it will not be found when doing a full text search within the CompanyWeb application.
In order to resolve this issue, please follow the same resolution presented in this blog post, you will need to add the host name that you created using the Internet Address Management Wizard for public access, it will usually be in the form “Remote.Contoso.com”, If you are not sure on what URL to use, you can look for the event id 2436 as mentioned on the other blog post or you can do the following:
- Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking on Command Prompt and choosing ‘Run as administrator’
- Navigate to the following folder:
- CD C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN
- Type the following command:
- stsadm -o enumzoneurls
- The output will look like this:
<Collection Name="Central Administration">
<Collection Name="SBS SharePoint">
- From this output, you are looking for the URL in the <DEFAULT> tags under the “SBS SharePoint” collection. You will only use the host.domain name portion and not the protocol or port, so, “Remote.Contoso.com” is what you are looking for to be added to the registry.
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 1:34 PM by SBS Bloggers